ATI firsts include the first use of screw fixation as a means to attach inserts to tool bodies; the development of Posicut® tool design that changed the cutting tool industry by permitting closer pitches, and one of the first uses of composite substrates. In addition to innovative technology, ATI’s drilling, milling and turning products offer a full range of standard and custom solutions, a comprehensive distribution and customer support network.
Stellram® drilling systems produce a range of diameters from 3/8 to 4-1/2 (10mm to 114mm) that include both indexable and solid carbide products. The choice of three different families of drills, with some offering through-coolant, eliminates the need to compromise when it comes to performance and quality.
- HardCore® Technology by Stellram combines two grades of carbide in one tool, delivering 50% less cost per hole for drilling, four times the tool life, and extreme feed/penetration rate capability that allows up two times faster production speeds.
- The new Posidrill PlusTM system offers excellent performance in short-hole drilling. The body and insert combination offer an unbeatable combination for 2x (all drills above 2.500” Ø) or 3x diameter short-hole drilling.
- Unidrill® replaceable insert drills are for diameters from 0.394" to 4.5" (10mm - 114mm) offering both HSS and carbide inserts.
ATI offers a complete program of Stellram® cutter bodies and inserts for many applications. Standard milling tools are available up to Ø 16" (400mm). Designs include cutters for contour milling, ball nose and long edge cutters, tools with 45° and 90° approach angles, octagonal milling inserts, plunging face mills, adjustable width, side and face milling cutters.
ATI Stellram’s leading edge grades and geometries, combined with patented coating technologies, are available for a full range of materials from steels and cast irons to high temperature alloys and aluminum. Positive and negative inserts are offered in a complete range of PVD and CVD grades with a choice of coating options for maximum productivity. Products include:
- Inserts for finishing to heavy roughing applications for aerospace, automotive, power generation, general machining and precision machining.
- Inserts for heavy-duty applications for railroad and bar peeling.
- Toolholders and boring bars for external and internal applications.
- Solid carbide and tungsten-reinforced bars for tough internal applications.
Posimatic® - A full line of indexable tooling designed for Swiss Automatic machines, supporting precision part machining and watchmaking applications with 0 nose radius inserts. Ultra-mini boring tools are stocked with minimum bores down to 0.110" (2.79mm).
Solid Carbide Products
The new solid carbide range uses ATI Stellram’s high quality substrates for faster removal, reduced production costs, and less machining time. Endmills are engineered for high-speed cutting and high-performance machining. Geometry, substrate, and coating are carefully matched to raise productivity. Multi-coated and diamond coated endmills are also available.